Chaos Coordinator, aka-Kelci

Hi There, and welcome to my little bit of crazy out in the armpit of Kansas! I am currently a Senior at KState majoring in HDFS and am planning to graduate this December. After, I'm planning to apply for graduate school and receive my Master's in Social work so I can continue the work I'm currently doing-serving those with mental health issues. 

I currently live and work in Larned, KS which is about 3 hours away from Manhattan. I chose to take this course because I feel like it would help extend my knowledge in working with children and their families, and also be relatable to my current everyday life! I have 3 great kiddos, 8, 6 and 3. They keep my life constantly busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Any kind of parent education has always been a passion of mine, mostly going back to when I worked with the Head Start Organization. While teaching was my number one goal, I thoroughly enjoyed working with their parents just as much! 

As for a fun fact about me-when I say I'm busy, I really am. Not only do I have 3 young kids at home, I also work a full-time job at the State Psychiatric Hospital, am finishing up school full-time online, and run a photography business mostly on the weekends. I'm very excited to be nearing the end of my time with KSU and  very anxious to see where this degree can take me! 

Comments